Wednesday 31 July 2013

Apologies

Just wanted to pass on my apologies for such a messy blog. I am thinking perhaps I am having a bit of OCD issues because the line spacing is driving me batty and having the title a million miles away from the content just makes me even more crazy (than normal). Things aren't centering and bullet points ... HA! I can't fix it. I have tried. I am not an expert in blogging but just had to say 'sorry' because the look of it is not how I wished it to be. 

Anyhow, things have been well this week so far. I am obsessively doing my skills all the time so that I'm prepared for crisis (touch wood) and I honestly am enjoying doing it though I must be careful not to over do it. Yesterday I gave myself permission to take myself away from all my blogging, typing, Pinning and art journalling because on Monday night I started to feel overwhelmed. When I feel this way I know it's not good as I'll burn out and that's when things start to turn sideways. So when I felt this tenseness, like I had so much to do in such little time and I just felt like I had to do more and more and more, I realised I needed to actually sit, observe and describe my emotions. I didn't fill out a homework sheet for this observation but I did list it all off in my head. When I discovered that I was feeling the emotion of being overwhelmed I made a list for the next day and this is what I wrote:
I followed through will all of it except when I woke in the morning I did check my phone. I had to realise that it was a priority for me to have a break - a well earned one. So after midday I then had a job and I didn't end up on the computer or journalling until after 4pm. I'm so happy with the process that I took, from recognising my emotions to not acting on them in an inappropriate way. This saved me from having insomnia, after effects of being overwhelmed, such as ending up crabby, tired, stressed and in the end having a complete breakdown. So, go me!


No comments:

Post a Comment