Thursday 18 July 2013

A while since posting

Well I completely feel ashamed of myself that it's been over 2 months since posting. Gah! Even though I have been successfully using my DBT skills to overcome some problems I have had some pretty serious things happening since the last post and just didn't have it in me to write. 

What I wanted to share is that I completed my first 6 months of DBT - yay! I am disappointed I couldn't continue but the cost of it was just not something I could do. They will always accept me back as it is a continuous cycle of the 3 modules every 6 months so I can enter again after an 8 week module has been completed - phew! 

What I found interesting is that as soon as I finished my course I stopped using skills. NOT GOOD. I felt so disappointed in myself as I lived, breathed and practiced it daily for 6 months then all of a sudden stopped. So I made it a mission of mine to get back on track so after about 12 days of neglecting the skills I started up again and the first thing I did was Debbie Corso's 8 day DBT Challenge to Feeling Better. Here are my pics (I adapted it to self soothe skills so everything you see is somehow connected to the 5 senses - sight, smell, aural, taste and feeling/touch).

 Burning oils/wax melts/candles - Sense of smell

 Make aromatherapy playdough - Sense of feeling/touch and smell

 Listen to meditative/classical/feel good music - Sense of hearing

 Watch your lava lamp from when it's cold to hot - Sense of sight

 Watch the clouds go by - Sense of sight

 Do some fingerpainting - Sense of feeling/touch

 Consciously rub handcream on your hands/fingers - Sense of feeling/touch and smell

Appreciate beauty wherever you go - Sense of sight

No comments:

Post a Comment