Friday 19 July 2013

A New Challenge - Blogging 5 skills everyday for a week

I decided after doing my last challenge that maybe a new challenge would be a good way to continue using my skills because it's almost like a goal that you have to complete. I am going to blog 5 skills that I use everyday for a week. To help you get the picture I'm going to take a photo/paste an image that best represents the skill used and I'll label the skill name. So for example yesterday (19/7/13) I did the following things: 

  
 Went to my favourite cafe and had the most amazing breakfast/morning tea
Skill - Emotion Regulation (building positive experiences)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (self soothe - taste)

 Wrote some Haiku 
Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
Skill - Emotion Regulation (building mastery)

 
 Played with aromatherapy playdough
Skill - Distress Tolerance (self soothe - smell and touch/feel)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
 Did some Zentangle (a new craze I am loving)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (self soothe - touch/feel and vision)
 Read some of my current book
 Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (Improving the moment by doing one thing at a time)
Skill - Core Mindfulness (one mindfully - in the moment)

I enjoyed doing these things. I am not having the best of weeks but at least I can turn to these type of activities to keep me distracted. During distress it is very hard for me to think to do these things but the more I practice them when I'm ok or so so the better it will be come time for when a crisis may occur. 

Stay tuned for what skills I'm using over the next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment