Saturday 20 July 2013

Challenge (5 skills everyday for a week)

Getting excited about the skills I am using. I aim to do more than I've challenged myself to do but it's the blogging experience really that I am wanting. 

So here's today's skills:

 Patted my gorgeous cat
Skill - Distress Tolerance (self soothe - feel/touch)
 Looked at Pinterest (OMG I'm hooked)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (self soothe - vision)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (contribute)
 
 Played computer games for a short while
Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
Skill - Emotion Regulation (building mastery)
 
 Cooked something new with my son - Chocolate Mousse
Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
Skill - Interpersonal Effectiveness (GIVE skill as I'm spending quality time with him)
 Felt (what I call 'my hooters' ... rofl) my pillow pet
Skill - Distress Tolerance (feeling different sensations)


Did the dishes, hung out the washing and took out the garbage
Skill - Interpersonal Effectiveness (FAST skill as I acted fairly and truthfully by not passing off chores to my husband by saying I can't)

My favourite - watched a movie with my husband and son
Skill - Distress Tolerance (activity)
Skill - Emotion Regulation (building positive experiences)

Till tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment