Wednesday 14 August 2013

As promised - 5 skills for today

So here I am a few hours after writing my last post with my promised 5 skills. It helps that today I had no work so I did make this promise to myself to choose at least 5 to do today so that I am still in touch with these incredible skills that really help me get through my BPD journey. 

Today I especially chose skills that were going to be relaxing as well as distracting. I have so many things going on in my head today the last thing I want to do is add stimulating activities to my thought processes. 

Here we go:
 Reading (today I read more of Debbie Corso's blog)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (distract by doing an activity)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (one thing in the moment)
 Burned incense (relaxation blend of Geranium, Lavender and Bergamot)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (self soothe - smell)
Listened to relaxing music (Life of Trees)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (self soothe - hear/listen)
 I blogged
Skill - Distress Tolerance (distract by contributing)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (distract by doing an activity)
I did some guided imagery (Ocean Escape)
Skill - Distress Tolerance (improving the moment with imagery)

Stay tuned for my 5 skills tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment